No products in the cart.
Well, the new year is approaching and I am already at the final stretch. Over the past month, there has been little work and using idle time at work and weekends I managed to sheathe the boat with plywood. With a triple made of pine, I sheathed the top and sheathed the bottom and sides with a six millimeter birch. I polished everything and covered it with fiberglass. My friend Roland helped me with this. I also chose a color for the bottom and sides – it will be ruby red. I’ll cover the deck with clear varnish. I painted the bottom in three layers, now it remains to turn the boat over and finally process the deck and cover the bottom of the boat with varnish, after which you can start assembling the engine and tail, which I also made in parallel from aluminum. I think not to paint the tail, leave it aluminum and just draw the number 41. In general, if everything goes well and no excesses happen, I can finish all the processing of the boat and the installation of the engine by the middle of next month, after which I will only have to wait for spring. I would like to finish this boat as soon as I want to do the alteration of the ekranoplan. There are plans to redesign the cockpit and front fender. For summer trials. The only truth is if I can get the engine. Photos of the work done below.